Thursday, April 10, 2014

Je t'aime, Paris

The time I've waited TEN WEEKS for is finally (almost) here! My boyfriend, Ben, is coming on Saturday to spend a week with me in Europe. We will be spending the first half of the week in Sevilla for Semana Santa (the famous Easter Week festival) and the second half in Paris!

Therefore, after looking back at my blog, I realized I had never finished my post from my trip to Paris last semester! I really want to have everything documented so I can look back and remember where I went and what I did. I guess I just got so busy before I left last semester that I never got to finish my last two trips--Paris with my program and Barcelona with my parents.

Paris maintains its spot as my absolute favorite destination in the world. As cliché as I know this sounds, I have always dreamed of going to Paris. I've always been very interested in fashion and french culture, and Paris is, of course, the perfect place to go to soak in both of those things. 

I went to Paris at the end of November, so Christmas was in the air, and the already magical "city of lights" transformed into a scene straight out of my dreams. 



My weekend in Paris was probably the busiest traveling weekend of the whole semester. There was so much to do in a city that was so big, so I think it'd best to just go through and list everything I did day by day!

Thursday
  • Arrived in Paris after flying out of Sevilla extremely early in the morning. We're talking meeting at 5 am at the Sevilla airport.
  • Went on a bus tour with my program, including stops at Les Invalides, a big complex containing museums and monuments of French military history, and at the Eiffel Tower, of course!
  • First look at the Eiffel Tower--I was amazed. I can't wait to get back there with Ben!
  • Creperie for lunch: I split one savory crepe with spinach, egg, and tomato and one marron glacé (sugared chestnut) crepe with my friend Alex.
  • Walked around and through the beautiful Notre Dame
  • Hot chocolate break
  • Shakespeare & Co. Bookstore
  • Fondue for dinner... YUM.
  • Eiffel tower light show at night!
Missing these girls this semester!

The creperie we went to for lunch- I was obsessed with their logo.

Notre Dame

Shakespeare & Co.

Fondue time-- we cooked our own meats!

Friday
  • Visited the Sacre Coeur, a beautifully white church on top of a hill in the charming Montmartre area looking at all of Paris.
  • Checked out an outdoor art market in the Place du Tertre square in the Montmartre area, where dozens of local artists were painting and selling art.
  • Walked down the Champs-Élysées, one of the most famous, biggest shopping boulevards in paris, where I stopped and bought some delicious tea at Kusmi Tea.
  • Sampled some Ladurée's world-famous macarons with some ice cream. :)
  • Took a walk through the Christmas markets and tried some hot wine.
  • Toured the world-famous Louvre Museum and got to see the Mona Lisa!
  • Went on a fabulous dinner date with my friend Kathleen, where I ate french onion soup and duck with some lovely French wine!
The Sacre Coeur

View from the Sacre Coeur with Kathleen

Art Market in Place du Tertre

The Arc de Triomphe--Champs Élysées is one of the boulevards that branches out from the big circle around the Arc de Triomphe.

Laudurée perfection

Macaron, s'il vous plaît?
Our best Mona Lisa smiles ;)

The beautiful outside of the Louvre Museum

Yummy duck

My date for the evening...

Saturday
  • Window shopped along the Boulevard Saint Germain (per my favorite Parisian Haley Pike's recommendation!)
  • Lunch at Cafe de Flore, where apparently Chuck Bass is a frequent diner...
  • Back to Shakespeare & Co. to buy some Christmas gifts, including a book about Paris for Ben!
  • Went to the Love lock bridge, where I can't wait to go back with Ben!!
  • Walked through the Musée d'orsay, a museum holding impressionist and post-impressionist work, including that of Van Gogh and Monet.
  • Went to the Marais area for dinner with my first semester roommate (no, hermana) Olivia and her friend Lauren who was studying in Paris.
  • Checked out the view from the top of the Pompidou Museum, the modern art museum that I'm hoping to see next week.
  • Enjoyed some nice gelato and a macaron again.
  • Eiffel tower light show again- because it will never cease to amaze me.



Sunday
  • Took in incredible views of Paris from the top of the Arc de Triomph.
  • Tried the famous hot chocolate at the elegant tea cafe, Angelina.
  • Back to Sevilla!!



It was, like most weekend trips abroad, a whirlwind trip, so I cannot wait to go back to Paris with the love of my life... how cliché!

Au revoir!
A

No comments :

Post a Comment